We use carbon on a daily basis at an alarming rate. Carbon-based substances are mainly used in combustion. During the combustion process, two types of carbon gases form–carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide has its uses and disadvantages whereas carbon monoxide is a silent killer. Inhaling Carbon monoxide at low concentration can make you nauseous while it is lethal at higher quantities.
Is Testing Carbon Monoxide Necessary?
These reasons for Carbon Monoxide testing important at home
- This carbon emission is colourless, odourless, tasteless and doesn’t cause any type of distress when you inhale it.
- It inhibits blood from absorbing oxygen into cells, tissue and all vital organs.
- When that occurs, you would not be a position to react or call anyone since all the organs in the body start to dysfunction.
- A high concentration of carbon monoxide accumulation will lead to loss of consciousness, headaches, dizziness, fatigue and finally death.
- Low levels of Carbon Monoxide cause chronic symptoms like headaches, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and weakness.
We Are Here To Help!
When it comes to carbon monoxide detection at home, we at Mark’s Duct Cleaning are well equipped to tackle any situation. We understand if you are not aware of such situations however, fatalities have been reported via carbon monoxide being the main cause of deaths in many cases all over the country.
- Proper positions to install carbon monoxide testing detectors
- CO rises since it is lighter than air, so ceiling or closer to ceiling is the ideal location
- Preventive measures like using gas and charcoal grills outdoor will certainly avoid the accumulation of CO indoor
- Deaths from CO is constantly reported during winters so, we constantly check on the detectors at home whenever required or when notified about any faulty device
- Single gas and multi-gas detectors are available at your disposal.
Planning Is The Key
We at Mark’s Duct Cleaning are available 24/7 to assist you every step of the way for a perfect device placement around or outside all sleeping areas in the house. You should need to follow these steps on a periodic basis for the safety of your loved ones:
- Check whether the CO detectors are functional by pressing test buttons and see if the
- Checking backup power sources along with battery replacement should be done.
- Carbon Monoxide Testing kit is another way to check the device condition.
- Inform us about any non-working CO detectors, we will be happy to comply and change these devices at the earliest.
- If you are unable to figure out if the detectors are functional or not, please don’t hesitate to contact us immediately. This will certainly ensure that the detectors are checked and replaced if need be.
You are welcome to contact us at 0345176909 and we will happy to arrange an inspection or Duct Cleaning Services in Melbourne based on your request. It is imperative that you get these detectors in case of any reports of death by CO emission in the vicinity.